Certificate in Leadership for Organizations
The post-baccalaureate Certificate in Leadership for Organizations is designed to enhance the leadership acumen of business professionals. It is intended to be of value to individuals with formalized business training as well as those with non-business backgrounds. Students will increase their understanding of the concepts and tools needed for effective leadership.
To receive a Certificate in Leadership, a student would be required to complete twelve credit hours of prescribed coursework and maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.0 for courses taken in the certificate program. The coursework must be completed after a student has received a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
The program's curriculum would consist of taking four of the following courses, all of which are three credit courses.
|MGMT 600||Leading and Managing People|
|MGMT 730||Leadership, Learning, and Change|
|MGMT 731||Leadership Seminar|
|MGMT 732||Leadership: Self-organization and the firm|
|MGMT 760||Organizational creativity, change, and entrepreneurship
(pre-req: MGMT 600)
Application: Apply online.
Personal Statement: Detail your reasons for seeking the certificate, your short and long-term professional and personal goals, and how you think certificate will help you achieve them. Provide any additional information highlighting unique aspects of your candidacy to the Admissions Committee. Please limit statement to 1,000 words.
Transcripts: Submit one copy of the official transcript from all institutions attended.
Letters of Recommendation: Provide two letters of recommendation addressing your abilities to successfully complete a graduate business program, and indicating what contributions you can make to program.
Resume: Provide a current resume or a list detailing your employment history (including dates, titles, organizational responsibilities, professional memberships and voluntary memberships).
- Develop an understanding of the complexity of the leader's role in effective organizations.
- Demonstrate techniques of effective leadership and followership so that positive outcomes are achieved while making use of power bases and organizational politics.
- Strengthen skills in negotiations and conflict resolution to enhance outcomes and promote innovation in organizations.
- Analyze the strategic management process and the essential role of the firm's leadership in envisioning its future.
- Critically examine the challenges of leading within a dynamic, diverse, and complex global work environment.
- Sharpen the ability to predict and identify the occurrence of change in the marketplace, in order to create opportunities and/or avoid the threats of under-the-radar competition.
- Recognize and tap into the sources of power in the organization.
- Analyze and assess the impact of personal goals, values, ethics and attitudes on individual and organizational performance.
- Develop further insight into a participant's purpose and calling in life; understanding leadership from within.
Gainful Employment Information
This information is provided to help you make an informed decision about this certificate program related to time and resources required to complete the program and possible employment outcomes.
This certificate will prepare you for careers including, but not limited to, the ones listed below. The code referenced is the Standard Occupational Classification code published by the Department of Labor.